My Blue is not a Blue....

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by WillsMama93, Apr 24, 2008.

1. WillsMama93

WillsMama93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Shreveport, La
    Well, Lola, my "blue" cochin is 5 weeks old today.. and a friend of mine whose brother raised pekins (he refuses to say cochin.. he's a "purist") pointed out to me that she is not, in fact, a blue cochin... she is a lavender cochin! She is getting to be so pretty!! And has started to assert herself in the pecking order. It's so fun to watch the goings on of the brood! I have heard people talk about watching "chicken TV", and it really is more entertaining than some of the drivel on TV these days!

[​IMG]

2. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

pics please I wanna see this little gal [​IMG]

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Do you know what color her parents were as this is the only way to know if she is blue or self blue for sure.

4. WillsMama93

Mar 23, 2008
    Shreveport, La
    Here's one pic...

[​IMG]

That was about a week ago.. the color quality is horrible becasue I took it with my cell phone. I have no idea who the parent were.. she actually came from my local feed store. I will try and get a better pic in the morning, they are all "down" for the night. I think the other chicks know I have been favoring her. I hope they arn't the jealous type, LOL

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    o wow shes beautiful,,,,they better favor her,,,and more pics please

6. WillsMama93

Mar 23, 2008
    Shreveport, La
    [​IMG]

This is her Lola the afternoon that we brought her home. He little black chick, Junior, is no longer with us. He died a few days after we got them.

[​IMG]

Lola with her new playmate Pinoccio, about 5 days old

[​IMG]

And Lola learning to perch.. I took pics this morning too.. I'll upload them at lunch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by