1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Blue Orp Cockeral - Mosby - Age 23 weeks - Sorry Dial Up

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MissPrissy, Apr 17, 2008.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Mosby is a growing boy but I know he isn't anywhere near finished growing. He is one of the pair of blue orps I was given by Tuffoldhen.

My husband has told me in the last couple weeks he has heard Mosby belt out a truely sensational crow. Sadly, I have not heard it. Then today when I was out in the barn my boy belted a perfect crow. Again and again and again! It was music to my ears. I had never heard his crowing voice. The only sounds I have heard is his clucking and cooing and other soft noises. I have heard him growl and grunt but never a real crow until today.

Here's my boy - Bonnie just wasn't having any photos today. She side stepped, moved, darted away or put her head down or flipped up her rump at me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a cutting crew chewing down trees in the path of electric lines on our road. The noise was deafening. Mosby wouldn't cooperate for photos so we had to take him in the barn and get him settled down. Every loud noise and his hackles rose and he puffed up.

All of the pullet from this weeks hatch are intended to be his girls. Let's hope I get more than 1. LOL

2. Carolina Chicken Man

Carolina Chicken Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    That is a hansome bird. I just started back with chickens, buff orpingtons. I want some of those now.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  3. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Prissy, he is one handsome young man. You can be proud of him. Sandy did good, hugh?

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Very handsome fella... I just adore the blue ones! [​IMG]

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    <--------- Going to be a looker like his father!...Handsome fellow there MP [​IMG]

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    He is still a baby at almost 23 weeks but he is HUGE. It just makes me pleasantly happy to watch him.

7. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Ms Prissy, what a handsome fellow you have there... He is something to be very proud of..
    I have black and blue orps in bator now (dz each) sure hope I end up with a blue boy that looks that good... [​IMG]

8. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Gorgeous boy!! I was just looking at pictures yesterday of Tuffoldhen's gorgeous roo and dang, I am in love. Another breed I think I am going to have to get. [​IMG] My husband will be so happy!! [​IMG]

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG] Beautiful! Blues are my favorite.

10. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Very nice bird!

I want some blue opringtons one day.

Edited - For better grammer

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by