My blue orp roo...difference in one month PICS

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Here is a picture of my roo last month:

[​IMG]

Then pics of him today: Hatched November 11th

[​IMG]

Here is his mate A splash orp hen hatched on the 7th

[​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    See the silver in his hackle feathers? He is going to be a really shiney gorgeous boy.

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I have become SUCH an avid fan of blue birds. When I first started, my to favorite colors were black and buff. The black has quickly been replaced by the blue, and I really enjoy the color. Your boy is looking good! What a difference a month has made.

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Blues are my fav color, too. What a pretty pair you've got!

5. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I like the one on the right in the first pic. He's a cutie.

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I like the one on the right in the first pic. He's a cutie.

Thank you! [​IMG]

Blue is my all time favorite too! Miss Prissy these are the cutest orps ever [​IMG] I am so very happy with them. And he is very nice too [​IMG] He's a little shy yet but were working on that with him. Lexie doesn't scream as bad as she used to when we pick her up either. Oh, she was a loud mouth for sure! [​IMG] The neighbors thought their dog was over attacking chickens...they heard her way over to their house when I picked her up once [​IMG] She sure is a drama queen. We just love them so much. I think they are everyone's new favs [​IMG]

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    OH and Miss Prissy...he's getting nice and dark just like you said he would. I'm so anxious to see him at a year old [​IMG]

8. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Beautiful! I must tell you that the Blue Orps and Speckled Sussex cluck's I've seen from all of you are making me consider hatching my own! I'll be making note of you who post these wonderful photos....if/when my hens go broody you may be getting requests from me to buy eggs! Simply wonderful birds you have!

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Thank you [​IMG] My head is swelled now but I can't take all the credit [​IMG] I got um from Miss Prissy...she sure does have wonderful birds!

10. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    I knew it! MissPrissy is one of the notorious kingpins of the chicken cartel that fuels my addiction - as well as speckledhen, rodriguezpoultry - and too many others to name! Because of these people I want to make my own incubator, breed my own flock, and get show quality birds. And to think I used to believe I could live quite happily without clucks...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by