My blue orps...DUW

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Katy, May 17, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I took some pix of them this morning enjoying the sun and grass The oldest one are 2 1/2 months and the younger ones are almost 2 months. My 2 oldest blue wyandottes are in with them.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The wyandottes[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Great pics Katy! Thanks for sharing. I currently have some blue/black/splash chicks and some eggs ordered from bamachicken that I am very excited about.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They're beautiful, Katy. I cant wait to hatch more next month. I never can get enough for myself, but June is my month, finally!

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Katy you will have the coolest types of birds in the best breeding flocks when all your young ones are grown up ! BLRW, Marans, Blue orphs, and blue wyndottes.

Henry

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Thanks...you can add blue rocks to the group too since I just hatched a few blue rocks this past week. [​IMG] I must be nuts!!

Thank you Cyn....I'll be excited when I can start hatching my own eggs from them!! I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to introduce the one little girl ( [​IMG] ) I hatched from Skye down the road.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  6. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Beautiful Katy.I have my one Blue Orp and now I have my Blue Wyandotte eggs in the bator so I'm on my way.I also have 3 BLRW hen's but I don't have a roo.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:If you were closer I've got a couple of extra BLRW roos that I'd give you.

8. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    How thoughtful but I think it would be cheaper to buy some hatching egg's.

9. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Oh Katy...They are growing out nicely.....very pretty...

10. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    You are killing me. I have 4 eggs left that are blue bantam orpingtons. I can't wait for them to hatch. They are on day 10 today. I hope they hatch. You have some beautiful birds.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by