My blue orps

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Katy, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Rather than hijack the other threads on BBS I thought I'd post some pictures of some of mine here. These in the pictures are 13 and almost 16 weeks old. The very last picture is some of the orps and blue rocks that have hatched in the last couple of days.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Oh I like them! I have a soft spot for BBS orps. I will have to find my camera and get some pics of mine now.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Hey I don't think I ever let you know my final count on my SS from you.....I ended up with three. The other two never internally pipped. One of them is in the very corner of the chick picture.

4. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Those are so pretty!! I only have some Buff Orpingtons, but I sure do admire those Blues. Maybe someday....I could hatch some of those, too!! [​IMG]

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Cool! I ended up with ONE, so you actually did better than me! I was looking at that chick and wondering if it might be a speckled sussex. I am glad that you were able to get some. I would love to see pics as they get their feathers in.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Cool! I ended up with ONE, so you actually did better than me! I was looking at that chick and wondering if it might be a speckled sussex. I am glad that you were able to get some. I would love to see pics as they get their feathers in.

I'll be sure and keep you posted on them.

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Gorgeous! I just love the lacing on them. Mine are still in the teenage stage, but I can already see some beautiful lacing on a couple of them.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Beautiful birds, Katy!

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks Cyn.....I think some of them look pretty good...not that I know that much!! I've got some younger ones too (including the one from your egg) that I didn't take pictures of this morning.

Better get back to the field...we started wheat harvest yesterday and I just came in to make some sandwiches to take out.

10. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Awww, I wanna pet them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by