1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My BO roo is head over heels for his ladies.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by justusnak, Jul 12, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I was out in the chicken yard yesterday....just watching them peck around, and holding my white langshan hen, Sugar. We have regular chats, she tells me how the others are so mean to her, and I tell her its ok, they are just jealous of her beauty.
    I was watching Gin....my BO roo....when he decided he was going to be a "man" and have his way with a hen. Well...at first, she squatted for him, then had a change of heart, and stood up. Well...just then....over he went...doing a summersault.....landing flat on his back. The look on his face was priceless!! He laid there for a few seconds...then jumped up and shook himself off....and walked over to me...doing the chicken dance. I was laughing so hard at him..he just stared at me like I lost my mind. Poor guy. I guess he will figure it out sooner or later.

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG] Priceless!!

3. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    That's hysterical...wish you had it on video!!

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I wish I had it on video as well.....Just the look on his face. I almost wet myself laughing at him. He is so friendly...but gets upset at me when I laugh at him....llike when he tries to crow! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by