my boody hen hatching turkey eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by austinhart123, Mar 23, 2009.

1. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    she has 2 turkey babies just hatched, 2 turkey eggs pipped, one chicken hatched, several pipped, 9 chicken eggs total left, and two turkey eggs left they are so adoable, and she is hatching tiny quail sized chicken eggs that my jap/ frizzle laid along with other eggs from the frizzle pen, and the turkey eggs are narrangassetXbourbon red.... pics to come!

PS.. she isnt a full size hen

PPS.. my favorite chicken nana, the hen on my avatar, is broody along with my red frizzleXsilkie and they are sharing a nest of 22 eggs, 11 of those are frizzles, and 11 are modern game..... pics tomorrow

2. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    [​IMG]

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry, but the title says 'boody hen' [​IMG] Is that a new breed? [​IMG]

And OMG!! All those eggs? What kind of bird is this?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  4. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Quote:i cant think of the breed of chicken she sorta looks like but she has a crest with fluffy feet i might have a pic of her...

[​IMG]
    this is her in the front left the blonde one this pic is her b4 she was fully developed
    but shes the size of a fat cochin bantam...

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I was thinking she looked like a silkie. Maybe a silkie/cochin cross? She kinda looks like a silkie/buff orp mix? She is pretty though! How many eggs was she setting on?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by