My boy Snow white

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GirlieChick, Nov 10, 2010.

1. GirlieChick

GirlieChick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2010
    I have a bantam rooster named Snow white. I dont know what breed he is but hes a funny chicken. When Im walking thru the yard he'll jump on my shoulder and go for a ride while Im walking. Hes in a flock of 8 hens (regular sized hens) and another rooster named Big Boy. I think its the oddest thing- Big boy and Snow white have never had a fight and they actually seem to get along. I dont know why that is because I thought all roosters fought. Maybe its because Big boy doesnt feel threatened of Snow white because he never messes with the hens and Big boy is ALOT bigger then him. When Im in the kitchen cooking Snow white is always on the porch waiting for me to come out and visit. One day, he flew up on the bottom of the window right outside of the window, sitting up there just watching me cook. Does anyone think this behavior from a rooster is weird? Whenever I come in the house he always runs around the house looking for me and crows until I come outside. He is a lovley rooster and I love him but I think its a little weird for a rooster to behave this way. Here is a picture of my boy. =]
    [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Aww, he's super sweet! Did you raise him from a chick? He just must be very bonded to you. I love that! Did you think he was a girl---thus the name Snow White?

I also have a large rooster and a much smaller rooster. They have separate coops, and they seem to get along pretty well. They each stick to their own flock, only mixing it up something when I throw out some cracked corn or other treat.

3. GirlieChick

GirlieChick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2010
    Yeah I raised him. Well all of my chickens I raised. I named them when they were little chicks and I couldnt tell the gender of them so I just named them whatever suited them. I have a Silkie roo named Fluffy. Lol Big boy and snow white sleep together and take good care of their hens together. I hope they will always get along like this! I havent had any reason to worry so far. I hope I dont have to!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by