my boyfriends new rooster keeps attacking me pleaseeeeeee help me

amyrbw

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
okay so i am 8 months pregnant weigh about 140 im about 5 foot 3 my boyfriend recently got a rooster who hates me i was outside with my boyfriend going to the house no where near the rooster when it decided to charge at me chase me around the yard and attack me of course hormonal i freaked out threw the mail and paper at him upset him worse and began to cry when my boyfriend laughed lol everytime i go outside he eyes me up and charges me i have attempted feeding him and talking to him not working i try ignoring him not being scared and avoiding him doesnt work im the only one he attacks and he hates me with a passion i can not pick him up and try tame him hell try scratch my eyes out hes evil. he stares at me as soon as i open the door i took the dog with me last time didnt matter attacked me and the dog and chases me off i have even tried charging back at him he loves it flys up and attacks me worse it usually ends up in me waddling away scared and freaking out the rest of the hens we have are fine and love me to death no problems at all but this mean evil rooster wont leave me alone he can be dominant i dont care just leave me be i cant go outside and feed the girls or check the pigs i dont want to kill or hurt him but i fear he will do damage to me scratching and biting and like i said im pregnant pretty big to be running in snow and ice please please please someone tell me what i can do about this devilish rooster .
hide.gif

Sorry I know you don't want to hear it. But I would take him to the chopping block. Imagine the rooster attacking the baby. It isn't worth it. A rooster could do alot of damage to a child! There is a thread that I read that a rooster attacked a woman's baby in it's car seat. The baby ended up going to the hospital. I love my rooster but if he ever attacks me or my kids he will be dispatched immediately.

I do NOT tolerate an aggressive roo. A couple swift kicks should get the point across that you are bigger badder roo. A year ago I had a Barred rock roo that was a dump and he tried to attack me. he hit my leg with the force of a medium sized dog and the next time he charged I was ready for him. He got punted twice, the second time it knocked the air out of him and he decided he would go hide under the coop after that.

Edit: I agree with gg706 that if you cant get him under control, dispatch him. It is NOT worth the safety of your child.

Last edited:
I agree. mine attempted to get me once and I also kicked him and the blow sent him into the fence. he has never tried anything since. Mine was not as aggressive, as it sounds like the OP's is very aggressive. I would never be able to trust him. So he would have to go.

Back
Top Bottom