My boys - 11 weeks old

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jasmine1998, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Jasmine1998

Jasmine1998 Songster

Mar 14, 2010
    Montgomery County
    Here is Bob & Roo. Bob is definitely in charge & Roo does not seem to mind that.

BOB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ROO
    [​IMG]

Crazy Bob
    [​IMG]

Crazy Roo
    [​IMG]

2. Jaguaress

Jaguaress Chicken Addict Wanna-be

May 27, 2010
    Piedmont, NC
    Awwww, how cute!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Wonderful!

4. VelvetDragon

VelvetDragon Chirping

May 25, 2010
    Portland Metro Area, OR
    Eeehehehe, I love the crazy pics. [​IMG]

5. DDRanch

DDRanch Songster

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    beautiful.....they look quite healthy and happy too.

6. Serrin

Serrin Songster

Ummm....pardon me...but are you sure that Bob is a cockerel? At eleven weeks, I should think one would expect to see a bit more development in the comb and waddles. I know my two boys (both mutts) Chief and Brutus, exhibited much more comb and waddle development than that at 11 weeks. Just a thought....................... You might need to change Bob's name to Bobbi! Or Bobbi Jo, or maybe Babs? How about Roberta? [​IMG]

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:X2

8. Jasmine1998

Jasmine1998 Songster

Mar 14, 2010
    Montgomery County
    Serrin - Bob is definitely a roo. Brahmas take longer to get thier combs & wattles than a lot of other breeds. They are a very slow maturing bird. Also, with the dark brahmas you can tell by the color fo the feathers. Bob is getting his adult feather now & they are all dark. If Bob were a girl his feathers would be penciled. Also, I had to take him to the avian vet the other day & she also confirmed Bob was a Bob.

9. Serrin

Serrin Songster

Quote:Aaaahhaaa! Ok, that explains a lot. I didn't realize he was a Brahma. My bad! And you're absolutely right about how slowly they mature. But once they do, oh lordy! lordy! lordy! Do they ever get big! I have an LB hen, about 4 and a half now....she tips the scales at just under 10 pounds summer weight! [​IMG]

10. Jasmine1998

Jasmine1998 Songster

Mar 14, 2010
    Montgomery County
    Serrin - He is going to be a huge beast. I thought he was big already...but when I had him at the vet on Friday he was only 3 pounds. I can't even imagine how big he is going to be when he gets done growing. I think I read somewhere that the Brahma roos get up to 13 pounds. I really hope he stays nice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by