my boys got some girls

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Bisqit&Gravy, May 24, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    They only got one each b/c I only found two pekins. They are some very hard ducks to find around here so I jumped on them!!
    They were dirty girls for sure but look healthy, sound good, eyes and nose clear and great looking poo.

I introduced them slowly by letting my boys look in the carrier for awhile. Cheese and Quackers looked so happy. They laid down next to the carrier and neither one of them plucking the other. When I opened the carrier the girls came slowly out and quacking very loudly. Cheese and Quackers ran the other way..hahaha. Both girls followed them all over the yard.

I grabbed the water hose b/c my boys loved to be showered. The girls really loved it!! The stood up tall and flapped their wings. I filled the tub up and they stayed in it for a good 30 minutes or so. They have been all over the yard. Walking, running, stretching the legs out and flapping away. I'd say they are are happy:) They're a bit cleaner now but stained. Will be gald when they are nice and white like the boys.

I watched them off and on all day and never once saw a fight between the boys.
    The hubby got home and threw names out real quick...Chips and Dip..haha

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  2. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG] Oh my they look like little silky ducks! How cute! Yeah for Cheese and Quackers!

3. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Nope not silkie ducks:( Their feathers are in bad shape and they were greasy. They were still wet in the pic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by