My brand new horse!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bean, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Bean

Bean Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2008
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    I just bought like four hours ago a Miniature appy stud from the auction for like $85. He is so frigin cute! He is a tiny 30-32" chestnut with a blanket! I named him Gomer! He perfectly matches my other silver bay mini exstud Joya but he has a blanket. I also bought a 4month old black and white mini stud colt but I paid more for him through a private sale. His name is Timbit! I am getting a double hitch cart and mini harness from my aunt in a few months so I have to get Gomer ground driving and work on his manners. He is such a little JERK. That is my one pet peeve about so many minis. People let them get away with so much more than they would a full sized horse beacuse they are so little and cute, and it totally goes to their head! Gomer does the same thing Joya did when I first got him, he hooks the backs of your knees with his should and tries to take you out! They are both the perfect height to hit my knees, and it really sucks cause the bloody things are so smart!

I will post pics soon!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Congrats!!! Can't wait to see the pics!!!!!!!!

3. Kittikity

Kittikity Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Congrats! I want to get a mini for my daughter because she absolutely loves horses but we don't have the property for a full sized horse or pony.. People do the same thing with little dogs that they do with the minis.. The little dogs hardly ever get any sort of obedience training because they're small enough that people think they're not a danger or they can easily deal with the dog.. Or just because Fluffy is so cute when she bites the neighbor's ankles..

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Congrats on your new babies! I can't wait to see some pictures. [​IMG]

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats [​IMG] can't wait to see'em

6. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    I can't wait to see pics too!

I hear ya on the bad manners = cuteness when they're little...go figure? A little discipline + castration does wonders for the "little guys" !

Congrats on your new addition!

7. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    were's the pics ???? [​IMG]

8. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    No pics!? :eek:

9. Bean

Bean Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2008
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    I got home from the auction last night at like 3:00 in the morning so it was pitch black and I didn't get any pics. I took some crappy ones today so I caould post them. I will take better ones later. I tried to tuck Gomers hair up off of his face but he just kept shaken it back down. He is so cute! I am going to wait a year so a few people can breed to him before I geld him! Why not eh?! He already acts so stud like it can't get any worse, I just need to teach him manners!
    [​IMG]

Timbit is 4months old and is shorter than my knee height right now, and I am only 5'3" so he is tiny!
    [​IMG]

I thought I should post a pic of Joya two winters ago. I can't forget about my old guy just cause I got two new boys. He was a stud for 12years before I got him. He is 31" and is a chubby little man that is on a constant diet!
    [​IMG]

10. Kittikity

Kittikity Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Hey, there isn't anything wrong with those pics! Gomers coloring is gorgeous.. Maybe he's a little camera shy though.. [​IMG]

Timbit is handsome too.. Would love to see his coat after he gets rid of that baby fuzz..

Joya looks like an absolute sweetheart.. Definitely makes you wanna go kiss him on the nose..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by