My brave little silkie, Jethro

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Jan 12, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I've been watching the chickens out the window. Some crows are trying to help the chickens eat up their scratch. Most of the flock is ignoring the intruders.

My tiny little silkie pullet Jethro is not in the mood to share. As soon as the crows land, she stretches out her neck as far as it will go and chases the whole flock of crows.

Silkies are too funny! [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Now, stop that, Kat. Can't have you start making me see Silkies in a good light. And who can resist a Silkie named Jethro ?

3. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Mine chase away the cockatoos [​IMG] All of 'em [​IMG]

4. Jacklynn

Jacklynn Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

That's too funny ! [​IMG]

5. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    Magicpigeon - I'm guessing you must be in Australia... You comment made me laugh though because my chickens have both birds to contend with. My neighbors let their pet cockatoo fly around the neighborhood and it has become friends with a large flock of crows... The cockatoo and the crows often come sit on our roof or in our yard to eye the chickens and their food. My flock is very wary and seem to do their best to avoid them. Certainly aren't as brave as yours!

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:They're growing on me Cyn. Sorry.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Cyn, added bonus - Jethro lays the prettiest little cream colored eggs! [​IMG]

8. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:Yeah, I do live in australia! [​IMG] We get flocks of 20 or more and sometimes they even land on my shoulder to steal food! Here's a pic of my sister and a young female (resist very strong urge to type in "hen" [​IMG]) we call b!%#h because she bites if she doesn't get something. We actually watched her grow up from a day old or so to now about a year. That's why mine aren't afraid of her XD

[​IMG]

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

Now you need one of these to carry Jethro around..... [​IMG]

Dang Silkies don't know how to adjust their stirrups....

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by