My Brooder 2.0

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Petej, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Petej

Petej Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    I changed some things arround now that the Quail are goign to their new owner soon and are in their own cage....

The Chickens have a while to go, but they seem interested in Roosting in the high spots in the Brooder, so I gave them some things to sit on, other then the waterer and food trough...

[​IMG]

The light is also off during the day now as they are flattening out and panting, yet at night, they still pile....

And, yes in the lower part of the picture, that is a Quail. In fact, his name is Duct Tape. His neck set in a weird way, but he is thriving and not suffering, so I let him be. He is a little smaller than the other Quail, so he gets to stay with the Chicks until he is bigger. If you must know, he got stuck to some tape in the Incubator when he/she hatched. The tape was holding my thermometer to the Egg turner.....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Mine always piled together at night even when they wern't cold!! I think they just like cuddling!! [​IMG]

3. Petej

Petej Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    A new (read: Corrected) Video:

[​IMG]

I corrected some issues regarding feed that I had stated in the first one.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by