My broody girls

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jetiki, May 16, 2011.

1. Jetiki

Jetiki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Gaffney, SC
    Had to share this picture, both these hens have been together since they hatched, they are approx. 2 years old. The top hen has 4 chicks under her, the bottom hen has about 7 or 8 eggs under her.

[​IMG]

2. japbantams2011

japbantams2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Kentucky
    aww...

3. melloladies

melloladies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    oh how funny. I thought Ihad broody management issues!

4. Jetiki

Jul 23, 2009
    Gaffney, SC
    They are not happy when seperated, they had to sit on the nest together last year, this year they were in different places. They both say NO to touching babies or eggs, try and you might lose a finger [​IMG] There's another one thats broody too with about 8 eggs under her I can't wait to see how many I end up with. Who needs a bator when these 3 go broody all at the same time lol.

Karen

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  5. kitmarlowescot2

kitmarlowescot2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Will they get aggressive towards each other when the chicks hatch, or will they cooperate and raise them together ?

6. Jetiki

Jul 23, 2009
    Gaffney, SC
    They won't get aggressive to the chicks or I wouldn't let them be together. Each hen takes her own they do their thing and then they go back to bed at night. The one with the babies had her babies in a bad spot so to make sure they were safe I put them in the coop with the broodies I figured they were safer there.

Karen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by