1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MY BROODY HATCHED A CHICK!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TheTwoRoos, Jun 16, 2016.

1. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    This morning I was hoping I wouild find a chick,was not sure if they were fertilize. Checked under her,and heard little peeps.Saw little BRIGHT yellow orange legs,and a wet little chick.Of course this is only my second time with this so i'm still learning.

Just curious,should I wait till their 48 hours has gone up to start them on Water&Feed?Or should I begin getting my supplies,and start ASAP?

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    You can go ahead and add them now so its all there when she's ready to feed and water them. Congrats on your new chicks! I've had quite a few sitting hens, it never gets old!

3. TheTwoRoos

Sep 25, 2015
    a 2nd hatched,should I remove egg shells?Also would it hurt if I picked her up and took a look myself?

4. TheTwoRoos

Sep 25, 2015
    Also willshe clean them if they get Pasty Butt?

5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I'd leave her be for now if she still has unhatched eggs. And no, you'll need to clean off any pasty butt (my broodies chicks never get it though).

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by