My Broody is hatching eggs! :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by steffpeck, May 3, 2009.

1. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    My Cochin has been sitting on 3 eggs, 2 Ameraucana eggs and 1 mutt egg. I went out this afternoon, and found her on the wrong nest, UGH!! I checked the eggs and they were still warm, and as I was checking them I discovered a pip with the beginning of a zip on one of them and I heard chirping inside. I moved her back on them, and put a board up on the nest box, so that the chicks won't fall out. Hopefully by tomorrow morning I will have at least 1 new chick if not more. [​IMG]

2. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    aw good for you!! [​IMG]

3. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    awesome! so exciting.

edited to ask...a board sounds like a good idea. How are you going to do it? I am contemplating what to do with my broody who is up in a nesting box now too. Thanks.

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Isn't nature amazing! Congrats.

How are things up in Erda today? We are getting warm down here. DS fly's into SLC from his mish in less than 3 weeks.

5. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I have one splash Ameraucana hatched, it is splash land here. I hatched 4 Ameraucana eggs a few weeks ago and all 4 of them are splash and they are splash x blue matings, out of 9 BBS Orp's I hatched last week 4 of them are splash, and now this first chick is splash. Now hopefully they are not all roo's, LOL.

Mahonri, it is finally starting to warm up here. We have a few really nice days and then a few rainy days, but it sure is keeping everything green, which is great. That is awesome that your some is going. What a great thing!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by