1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My brother wants to shoot my rooster!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rainstorm, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    I put a small 25 watt bulb in my duck pen because someone told me the light would help them lay, I did so and my rooster started crowing at 2am and woke my brother up and wouldnt shutup all night! LOL!!!

P.S my ducks havnt been laying for nearly a month and I've had the light in there since saturday and now im starting to get eggs again!

2. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Tell him to come shoot mine instead! [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Until your brother starts laying eggs,

the ducks are more valuable.

Imp-[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  4. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:LOL!!!!!!!!

5. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

You know, you can make a dark box (with venting) for him to be in at night. Then you can let him out in the morning, when you are ready for him to crow.

6. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:[​IMG] Imp You always make me smile, sometimes down right laugh out loud.

7. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I've never tried a dark box, but mine starts crowing about 4 am, and it doesn't start getting light till 7.

8. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Your brother should be careful! As the older sister, I once told my little sister that her evil pet rabbit was so evil that I was going to cook it for dinner (ok, maybe more than once). One afternoon she packed up and was found walking 5 miles out of town "going to grandma's because my mean sister is going to cook my bunny". The police officer must have thought that the funniest thing. I got grounded again.

9. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

In the interests of saving your rooster's life (and your brother's record), can you put the light on a timer?

And I agree with Imp . . .

10. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Imp you're to funny!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by