My brothers and sister are dinosaurs...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by erner, Dec 21, 2011.

1. erner

erner Chillin' With My Peeps

Lately they've been watching some dinosaur documentary thing called Walking With Dinosaurs, and so during the last couple of days-just whenever I'm babysitting them, it seems-they've been running around with little arms sounding like dying ducks or frogs or both, and saying seemingly unpronounceable names. they used to be Frenchies. Does anyone else have brothers or sisters like this?

2. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] That's too funny! I used to be one of those kids. Acting weird and having fun and being goofy... Wait, not USED TO BE, I still am!!

3. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Quote:Make sure you video it, that sort of thing makes wonderful blackmail material when they are a little older.

[​IMG]

4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I have those DVDs...and still wander around doing that...my kids are so embarrassed

5. erner

erner Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Make sure you video it, that sort of thing makes wonderful blackmail material when they are a little older.

[​IMG]

Oooh. Good idea. I could videotape them now, and show the videos to their girlfriends/boyfriends 7 years from now. [​IMG]

6. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Hmmm. Let me guess. Lumpy started it, right? [​IMG] Or was it Bunji?

7. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Nothing wrong with having fun.

When my son was little I slid his legs into the legs of my thermal underwear and we played Kangaroo. We hopped around the house. DW took a picture. It was fun.

Rancher

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  8. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    My 6-year-old DD LOVES dinosaurs. Her favorite toys are dinosaurs. Her favorite show is Dino Dan. She always asks me to borrow Dino documentaries from the library and she frequently wanders around the house half crouched and when you talk to her she makes dinosaur sounds.

Earlier today, I was visiting a friend and they had a Teredactyl-like dinosaur toy and I picked it up and showed it to Ella. She looked at it distainfully and annouced that the Teredactyl doesn't have teeth, so that's not a real Teredactyl. I shrugged and put the toy down. When we got home, she brought her huge Dinosaur encyclopedia to me and showed me a picture of a winged dinosaur with teeth and told me, very seriously, that this dino was probably the one that her friend had a toy of.

She is seriously addicted to dinosaurs, so I know exactly what you're going through with your siblings!

9. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I went through a dinosaur phase from about the time I could walk (still love dinos!), ALWAYS pretended I was a raptor. My favorite movie was The Land Before Time (the original one!). Gosh, if it were me I'd probably be playing along with my younger siblings (lots of chances to go raaaawr, grrrr!), but I'm such a dork like that. Sounds like they are having a lot of fun!

10. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Awww, which ones are doing it?

My little siblings are pop stars these days. Singing and booty-shaking and doing all sorts of crazy things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by