1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Brower incubator is too cold

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wahoowifeandmom, Jul 2, 2011.

1. wahoowifeandmom

wahoowifeandmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    Nebraska
    Hello! I am new here and found you while looking for answers to my Brower incubator problem. Knowledge seems to abound here so I'm hopeful you can help. We bought the incubator this spring and have used it for 3 hatchings. I am trying to regulate the temperature to set more eggs, but no matter how much it turn the temperature control knob, it stays at 96.0*. It has a 60 watt candelabra bulb. I tried putting in a new bulb, but it still stays at the same temp. I can't find anything in the owner's manual. Can you help me?

2. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    First make sure your thermomater is working right, then I would check the thermostat, is it a wafer thermostat ?

3. wahoowifeandmom

Jul 2, 2011
    Nebraska
    Quote:Thanks for your help! Yes, I should have mentioned that I checked the thermometer. The 2nd one of a different type has the exact same reading. I don't know what kind of thermostat is has and the owner's manual doesn't say. How can I find out? Should I open it up? What would it look like?

4. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    is it a HTI10 thats what i had, and it SUX, i replaced the thermostat with a water heater thermostat

5. wahoowifeandmom

Jul 2, 2011
    Nebraska
    Quote:It is a THI20.

6. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    I would use a wafer type, that is the best I have found.

7. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Quote:yep, but i would rather tinker with the water heater thermostat then go order a wafer

8. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Quote:It is a THI20.

sorry i meant THI10, i have heard the THI20 is a lot better

9. wahoowifeandmom

Jul 2, 2011
    Nebraska
    DH brought up a good point. Since we just bought it this spring, it should still be under warranty so we will pursue that route.

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by