MY BSL and BR a Roo!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Dom'sHEns, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Dom'sHEns

Dom'sHEns Songster

Apr 2, 2007
    New Jersey
    HI all!,
    My 8 chicks from My Pet Chicken turn 2 weeks old tomorrow and have grown like weeds! anyway I had only ordered 7 chicks and i guess they threw in an extra which i believed was another BSL pullet, However one of these sexed pullets has a comb that it quite prominant than all the others....also my BR is also deveoping a comb!? Uhoh! [​IMG]
    I tryed my best with pictures there so hard to photograph!
    Heres the BSL
    [​IMG]

and heres Ther BR
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DoctorGoose

DoctorGoose Songster

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    All of my barred rocks had combs when I brought them home as well--they turned out to be pullets, so I wouldn't worry. Cute pics!

3. Dom'sHEns

Dom'sHEns Songster

Apr 2, 2007
    New Jersey
    ohh Ok thanks....i figured that they might just be maturing eairly!
    I hope soo. [​IMG]
    Well what about the BSL? anyone!?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  4. ella

ella Songster

The darker coloring on the BR indicates that it's a girl.

If the sex-link were male it would be barred in color, not solid black -feather color that is- the color of the baby down would be like a Barred Rock, black with a white spot on the top of it's head.

Cute babies! They do grow so fast don't they? Just wait, by 6 weeks of age they'll be fully feathered and look just like mini chickens- So cute!

5. Dom'sHEns

Dom'sHEns Songster

Apr 2, 2007
    New Jersey
    The darker coloring on the BR indicates that it's a girl.

If the sex-link were male it would be barred in color, not solid black -feather color that is- the color of the baby down would be like a Barred Rock, black with a white spot on the top of it's head.

Cute babies! They do grow so fast don't they? Just wait, by 6 weeks of age they'll be fully feathered and look just like mini chickens- So cute!

They are growing sooo fast! I cant wait till they get to the mini chicken stage! The BSL pictured seems to be the head hen. I guess shes just a bit masucline. LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by