My buckeye chicks extremely noisy and energetic!

6 littleHens

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2012
Chillicothe, Ohio
Hello,
Just got 8 Buckeyes from Springboro last Saturday. I have only had chickens for one year, but these chicks are different. They are noisy like guinea, fast, and energetic like hummingbird. They are always on the move. I'm afraid that their care would be different and I don't know what to do for them.
Do they need extra calories?
bow.gif

They have literally worn me out! LOL. They are constantly making messes, spilling, laying on food/water, sparring, running and jumping into groups, and showing off. And what's with that thrill/quiver like noise? They are now around 5 weeks old.

Quote:

Hello,
Just got 8 Buckeyes from Springboro last Saturday. I have only had chickens for one year, but these chicks are different. They are noisy like guinea, fast, and energetic like hummingbird. They are always on the move. I'm afraid that their care would be different and I don't know what to do for them.
Do they need extra calories?
bow.gif

They have literally worn me out! LOL. They are constantly making messes, spilling, laying on food/water, sparring, running and jumping into groups, and showing off. And what's with that thrill/quiver like noise? They are now around 5 weeks old.
Buckeyes grow optimally on a high protein Starter like a Game Bird or Turkey Starter with at least 27% protein. keep them on the higher protein for about the first 8 weeks then you should bring it down to 18%-19%. I feed mine Purina's Game Bird Chow Startena (30%) for 8 weeks then after that, Purina's Game Bird Chow Conditioner (19%) until they reach laying age.

Good Luck with your Buckeyes!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom