My buff braham is sick!! Help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Snugypope, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Snugypope

Snugypope Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2015
    She is not moving and is easily mocked over... Her vent doesn't seem right either.I will upload a photo later... What should I do?

2. Snugypope

Sep 15, 2015
    Easily nocked over*

3. Breakofday316

Breakofday316 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2016
    I am dealing with a mystery disease and the end symptoms is as you described. they loose inability to stand, walk, or have any coordinated movements. Read my post to see if you had any other symptoms that I described. Pics would be great!

4. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    you might want to try giving some polyvisol baby vitamins without iron, vita.E,and poultry vitamin B,and a very small amount of selenium. (large quantities can be toxic) See if you get any improvement with the vitamins. some times a vitamin defiency can cause the lack of coordination, inability to walk, can even cause birds to do flips.Giving those vitamins can't hurt. it takes about a month for full recovery if it's a deficiency. Mareks disease can also cause those symptoms. was she vaccinated for Mareks as a chick? I'd try the vitamins, if there wasn't any improvement I might consider that Mareks could be a possibility.

5. Snugypope

Sep 15, 2015
    I got her from welp hatchery, so I don't really know...

6. Snugypope

Sep 15, 2015
    [​IMG]

7. Snugypope

Sep 15, 2015
    I'll take more pictures when I get home... I hope it isnt contaigus...[​IMG]

8. Snugypope

Sep 15, 2015
    [​IMG]

9. Snugypope

Sep 15, 2015
    The other day I was in the coop and was about to pick up an egg near her and she suddenly dumped a bunch of diarea...

10. Snugypope

Sep 15, 2015
    I just got home and she was dead. What do I do to protect the others???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by