My Buff Orp babies...fresh out the bator

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hinkjc, Jun 2, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    100% hatch - 20 out of 20 orpie babies. These gals sure can hatch. [​IMG] Notice I said "gals". [​IMG]

Edited to add - the black ones are more Lester babies. There are 3 of those eggs left in the bator - 1 working on it and I believe the others are pipped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jody

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  2. k0xxx

k0xxx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    North Central Arkansas
    They are just so dang cute!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

A mass of cute!! [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They are a mass of cute! Jody, I have to tell you, the one little pullet I managed to hatch from your eggs is the tiniest thing! She's like a little dwarf Orpie girl with short legs and wings way too big for her body. It looks like she borrowed someone else's wings, LOL! Her two brothers are so, so much larger than she is. She is just adorable. She reminds me of my runt RIR, Rosemary, who is now going on three years old. We adore Rosemary and we'll adore our little gold Nugget, too, I'm sure. [​IMG]

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] The 5th Lester baby just hatched and I'm hoping the others will too. So far, we are up to 11 Lav X Black babies. Still hoping for all girls to keep Lester and little Lucas company through winter.

It was funny when we were pulling all the shells, Charlie grabbed one of the Lester babies and goes "oh my, they are fat little buggers". LOL [​IMG] I can't wait to see how they grow out and to pick my keepers. I am already seeing some boys, but we'll wait a little longer to be sure.

Cyn - oh no..I don't have any runt orpies. haha I am sure she just hatched from a little egg and will catch up soon. These girls are fat and sassy for sure. I hope your girl lives up to her reputation, like her mamas. LOL

Jody

6. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    congratulations on your great hatch!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  7. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Holy cuteness! They are so cute. I love the "new" ones.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Jody, I just love her! I picked her up and said to my DH, "She's just like Rosemary!" Rosie is special to him and I know Nugget will be special, too, no matter how big she gets.

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Sweet Jesus Jody, I can't wait to get my hands on some! [​IMG] They are stinkin' ADORABLE!!! Congrats on that AWESOME hatch!!

10. Sahara

Sahara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Keystone Heights, FL
    Congrats! They are soooo cute! I am going to have to try to hatch some myself. I have only raised biddies the natural way so have not any experience with an incubator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by