My buff Orpington can’t close her beak

homeschoolhomestead

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2021
This morning my Goldie can’t close her mouth, and vomited earlier today. She is holding her tongue far back in her mouth and occasionally looks like she’s choking. I tried dripping drops of water in her beak and she lets them run out. She doesn’t seem to be eating or drinking. Her crop feels empty. I suspect she’s swallowed a foreign body but don’t know what to do about it as this is the first time I’ve owned chickens. What can I do to help her?

This morning my Goldie can’t close her mouth, and vomited earlier today. She is holding her tongue far back in her mouth and occasionally looks like she’s choking. I tried dripping drops of water in her beak and she lets them run out. She doesn’t seem to be eating or drinking. Her crop feels empty. I suspect she’s swallowed a foreign body but don’t know what to do about it as this is the first time I’ve owned chickens. What can I do to help her?
Does she seems to be choking? Is she gasping for breath? Can you see anything when you look down her throat?

Does she seems to be choking? Is she gasping for breath? Can you see anything when you look down her throat?
She occasionally looks like she’s choking, and her neck is holding a very curved position, like she won’t hold her neck up properly. She’s not gasping for breath and I can’t see anything down her throat.

Back
Top Bottom