MY BUFF ORPS Chicks!!! Finally!!! come see!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ttrjpbcz, Aug 20, 2008.

1. ttrjpbcz

ttrjpbcz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    I drove nearly 100 miles one way for these babies!! They were so hard to find and my daughter is just thrilled with them as they are her birthday present. Strait run, so we have no clue what we have yet, but they are just precious. They are happy and settled in with our 2 new RIR pullets [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The happy birthday girl!!

By the way, the Orps came from Hink JC Mountain Poultry.

2. simba49450

simba49450 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Michigan
    congrats new momma! i have 3 buff orps myself and you can teach them tricks and cuddle with you if you spend enough time with them. mine are 5 mon old now and they are the sweetest little girls. buff orps rock!![​IMG]

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Beautiful!!! The chicks are, too! [​IMG] She looks absolutely thrilled!

4. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Congratulations!!! Happy Birthday!

5. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    Congratulations!! [​IMG] They are so cute!
    I agree that BO's are great. I have five 3 wk old girls and I love them. They are friendlier than any of my other babies. I can't even reach into the brooder box w/o them jumping up on me or my 3 yr old son. They love to just sit and cuddle.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  6. ttrjpbcz

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    Ooh!!! Can we see pics of the girls??[​IMG]

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

8. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I wish a very happy birthday to your dd. Sorry about the length of trip, but it was great to meet you and glad to hear the chicks are doing well. [​IMG]

Jody

9. ttrjpbcz

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    it was wonderful meeting you as well, your birds are beautiful and so friendly!! I can't wait to have these big enough to be in the yard to follow us around and love on!!
    Thanks also for taking the time to show the kids and I all your birds, it was very educational!! I don't think I have ever seen a turkey that big in my life!

Oh, does it mean anything that 2 of the chicks are a bit darker than the other 2? Can ya tell I am trying to guess already the sex? I am guessing we have 2 boys and 2 girls, but hoping for 1 roo and 3 girls!!

I will have to post pics in a few weeks and see what you all think!
    [​IMG]

10. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I keep telling myself that one day I will own some of those big fluffy butt blonde chickens. Yours are too cute!

Must...look...away...arrrgggghhhhhh!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by