My Buff vs a Beetle!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lifeon2whls, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Lifeon2whls

Lifeon2whls Hatching

Mar 15, 2013
    So I was out in the yard with my camera and happened to see a Beetle buzzing around the girls. I saw one of the Buff's eyeing it and then saw her come in for the kill so I decided to film it.

[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    That was a big beetle! NIce set up and nice flock. Welcome to BYC!

3. ApiaryandAviary

ApiaryandAviary Songster

Jul 10, 2014
    Wa
    Is that wet feed in the small plastic looking container. I have resently started giving wet feed this year. Sometimes I give them wet feed and sometimes not.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  4. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Crowing

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    :welcome

Those girls had a ball playing VELOCIRAPTORS and getting that japanese beetle! :woot :yesss:

5. Olive Oil

Olive Oil Songster

May 11, 2014
    La Grange, CA
    I love buff orpingtons! Just got my first one. Definitely my sweetest!

6. Lifeon2whls

Lifeon2whls Hatching

Mar 15, 2013
    No the feed is a dry organic that they have at a local feed store. We do have some oats that I have been meaning to try sprouting.

7. My wet feed happens naturally... When we get hard summer rains! Lol. its funny tho, they actuallg seem to enjoy it more wet. :hmm

8. ApiaryandAviary

ApiaryandAviary Songster

Jul 10, 2014
    Mine love their dry feed mixed with water, Braggs Red Apple Cider Vinegar w/ the mother, brown sugar, wheat gluten. And spouted seeds and grains mixed together and let sit for three days with just a stir in the morning and a stir at night covered with a wet towel. I resently started the fermented feed. They smell it and start singing. I dont like the smell and it looks terrible but they love it. Still have that Belgium Bantam Boy.

9. Lifeon2whls

Lifeon2whls Hatching

Mar 15, 2013
    Oh man, that sounds pretty good!

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Its amazing how well they can catch things! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: