1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

My bumblefoot frequent flyer

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by blondiebee181, Apr 15, 2017.

1. blondiebee181

blondiebee181 Songster

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Petrie. Petrie has had surgery before [​IMG]. My question is, I removed the icky scab mass from her foot, but it was bleeding pretty bad, so I couldn't see much else. I packed Neosporin onto a gauze pad and wrapped up her foot and called it good. Keeping her in the hospital box tonight, and I'll change the dressing in the morning. Do you think the swelling and infection will go down? I cleansed it good with vinegar water and like I said, packed on the ointment and fresh dressing...I want to keep her foot clean and dry for a couple days if I can, it's just that most people talk about removing a mass of puss from the infected foot, and I didn't really get that much out...

2. Louise Waffles

Louise Waffles Chirping

Feb 1, 2017
  3. blondiebee181

blondiebee181 Songster

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Well, fingers crossed then I guess! *side note, Neosporins active ingredient is Bacitracin which should be just fine for dressing wounds in fowl.

4. blondiebee181

blondiebee181 Songster

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is her foot today during bandage changing...still kinda puffy...did I not get enough?

5. Louise Waffles

Louise Waffles Chirping

Feb 1, 2017
    I'd soak again, and pull that scab. See what's in there. Pretty bird!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by