My bunnies growing up so fast, Need help with White Bunnies Breed???

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Teresaann24, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    This is princess and baby.

I know Baby the blue bunny is a Lion head. The white one I have no clue??? The guy I bought her from said she was a snow bunny? I knew that was not true but I have no clue what breed she is I thought maybe some kind of meat rabbit breed because she is so large and has grown 10x faster then the blue one.

Any ideas would be great thanks [​IMG]

Princess does not like the camera she gave me her back side..LOL
    [​IMG]

Princess again.
    [​IMG]

Baby
    [​IMG]

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    That appears to be a California White bunny. It could however be a California cross with New Zealand WHite and still look Californian.

3. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Thanks that is what I was told when she was small that she could be.

4. reliant601

reliant601 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2010
    New Jersey
    I don't see that Lionhead being an 'actual' Lionhead. Unless this Lionhead has a single mane, but it also possible a Lionhead cross. As far as the other one goes Californian cross.

5. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Well, I guess you get what you get when you buy at a flea market. Really don't care about breed they are loving pets and my girls and Me adore them to pieces [​IMG] Thanks for the comments.

So these guys have done well so far in the cold weather how well will they do in summer months? I know they can Over heat quickly I plan on them being outside bunnies I know plenty of shade all day in the hot days what eles can I do for them?

6. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    we keep empty water and pop bottles and refill them with water and throw them in the deep freezer. we have enough to have 2-3 for ea cage sometimes more. on days it is gonna be hot we put one in ea (or more if it is a colonie cage)and rotate the frozen bottles for them. they can lean against them to keep cool and lick the cold dew that runs off them. while they have some the others r frozen so switching them in and out is easier u don't have to wait for ones they have to refreeze there is already frozen ones on hand.

if they r in hutches other than shade that is about only thing i can think of, maybe tarp/blankets or something to cover runs so runs have shade also and they can sit outside. mine r in a mini barn so can leave doors/windows open and run fans for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by