My bunny family DUW

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hooligan, Jan 24, 2008.

1. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    I thought I'd share some more of my family with you guys [​IMG]
    First a little intro... Lucy Furr is a (almost) 5 yrs old MiniLop. She was given to my bf by my mom (after his first rabbit died of cancer). So we have had he since she was about 6 wks old. She is the master bunny of the domain.
    Her Thanksgiving picture:
    [​IMG]

Her crazy drag queen eyebrows she gets when molting.
    [​IMG]

This is her cage deco'd for Halloween. I made it myself and you can see her on the top level if you look.
    [​IMG]

Here she is with my baby girl Hooligan (she just passed of cancer on the 14th). Hooligan was about 2 there and Lucy about a year.
    [​IMG]

Lucy and Sinatra (one of our other pibbles) at Petco
    [​IMG]

Lucy as Bunnicula
    [​IMG]

And now here's Peppermint Von CarrotCakes. She is a Mini Rex/Rex mix. She came to us when we were looking to adopt a Flemish Giant rabbit. I went to Atwoods to shop and saw her in the tub with bloody feet. She definately wasn't what we were looking for and I don't support the buying of animals but...there she was. I left and picked my bf up for lunch and told him about her and he said that we may not have been looking her her but she was looking for us and to go back and get her. I checker her feet out and they were all bleeding and I asked a person working there if I could talk to the manager. He came out and I gave him a good talking to about the fact she was bleeding and she had sore hocks etc. He said to pay $3 for her and take her bc he was going to write her off a deceased. So she came home with us and got spayed and her feetsies treated. She is evil incarnate too, don't let her cuteness fool you!

Her first night home. She is no longer in that little cage. She has one the same size as Lucy's [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Her checking out Lucy and Lucy preparing her lasers.
    [​IMG]

I'm all ears folks!
    [​IMG]

Rabbit steals chickens home and eats oatmeal, news at 11
    [​IMG]

Peppermint and her "raisins"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Aww they are so cute! Why did you get um fixed? ya could uv had baby buns! [​IMG]

3. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    I love the little pink house!!!!!!! Your babies are all very cute too!!![​IMG]

4. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    we dont need anymore rabbits. too many die already, ya know? good job gettin um fixed!!!!!i got a rabbit too

5. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    LOVE the fall decor your bunnies have in the pics. They are really sweet, and your dogs are too. [​IMG]

6. hooligan

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Quote:I work with the Arkansas Pet Rabbit Network and you would not beleive how many rabbits get dumped and euthanized esp. right after easter.
    Both ours are girls so no babies for us anyway.
    And in unspayed females over the age of 2 yrs 80% of them have ovarian cancer. Which is what my bfs first rabbit died of bc her first owner did not get her spayed and she already had it when we got her.

Check out: http://www.makeminechocolate.org/
    And
    http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/spay-neuter.html
    Oh
    and the MySpace page of the rescue group I work with: http://www.myspace.com/arkansaspetrabbitnetwork

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  7. Chick-N-Law

Chick-N-Law Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2008
    Kentucky
    Thanks for sharing your bunny family photos. I really enjoyed seeing the cuties. I had an indoor bunny, Scotchie, for years. He seemed more content once he was fixed. Sorry about your dog.

8. hooligan

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Quote:That was the house I made for Carmilla after we decided she was a house chicken. Its made of cardboard boxes!

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    OH COME ON!!! You should be BANNED for posting such cute pic's and getting me all Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

[​IMG]

VERY CUTE!!! [​IMG]

10. hooligan

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    When I get home I'll put up their Christmas pix...totally forgot about those.
    Beware the cuteness!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by