My button quail are talking to me! WOOHOO

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Fudgie, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

My buttons made the most beautiful sound last night and I could not believe it. I am so glad that we bought these little guys and gals. Such sweet music from such a tiny creature!

[​IMG]

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I can guarrentee you the one with the white mask did it (the roo) [​IMG]

Did it sound like

"PEW PEW PEW!"

Or a cute lil growl? bth are normally done by the roo [​IMG] Then theres the whistle that both do, that htey normally do to call others.

it sounds like "wee wee WOO!"

3. Fudgie

Quote:They were BOTH doing it....The male did the first sound then the female answered back it is the sweetest coolest sound I have ever heard. I want a hundred of them!

These came from AK_button_mama Rebecca's quail eggs. And your courtnix is doing great too. I just need a man for those 4 females I have! We bought the courtnix and the buttons from the FFA kids.

You like that COCOA HUT? It used to house our hermit crabs but i figured it gives them a little place to call their own. They like to sit on top really

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  4. Fudgie

What kind would you say these are Monarch? I don't really know breeds yet! [​IMG]

5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:They were BOTH doing it....The male did the first sound then the female answered back it is the sweetest coolest sound I have ever heard. I want a hundred of them!

These came from AK_button_mama Rebecca's quail eggs. And your courtnix is doing great too. I just need a man for those 4 females I have! We bought the courtnix and the buttons from the FFA kids.

You like that COCOA HUT? It used to house our hermit crabs but i figured it gives them a little place to call their own. They like to sit on top really

then you probably heard the whistle WHICH is very pretty [​IMG]

i saw that cocoa hut and thought it was adorable [​IMG] lol

wait a min you have the coturnix that hatched from my egg? If so please please please i'd love to see a picture of it just to know what color you got and to see my baby from afar (if you do have one from my egg that is) awh if so!! [​IMG] You'd be the first to have a catawba coturnix bee bee [​IMG] ive shipped one other batch of mine to others but they were scrambled [​IMG]

6. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Now remember I look at a tiny phone screen no computer! Looks to me like all 3 a cinnamon shades it would help if get a picture with a white back ground up closer on each.

I need a computer LOL

7. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    they look all like cinnamons to me too maybe the one might be a cinnamon something else but they all look like cinns [​IMG]

8. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    [​IMG] I hope they are not telling you to do bad things!

9. Fudgie

Quote:They tell me to do all sorts of bad things! You should see what they have made me do in the basement..... It is a huge brooder room and it used to be a living room... I guess THEY are living in there now! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    just as long as they dont tell you to put on a clown suite and kill people... mine forced me to make my lower level theirs also, I have no choice but to succum to their whim, I am a weak weak human [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by