My button Quail is sitting on eggs!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by willowcol, Apr 9, 2009.

1. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Yeah hadn't seen my oldest girl button in her aquarium all day, figured she was hiding in the fake plant in her and her roos tank. Well I finally got scared so I went and checked. They have rolled her eggs that I hadn't taken out yet into the small box I put in there for them to hide in, and she is sitting on them. I hope she sits the whole time, this is pretty exciting!

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Very cool! Just be sure to have your bator ready, if this is her first time, she may leave the nest early. Good luck!! [​IMG]

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    YAY!!! YES that's very exciting! [​IMG] Keep us crazed quail freaks updated mkay! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    no problem, the bator is running anyways. I an hoping to get some bigger quail eggs soon. I forgot we are going away the weekend after Easter for 3 days so I have to wait til we get back to buy anymore egg [​IMG]. But as soon as we get back [​IMG].) My oldest daughter can care for the live birds but I can't trust her to watch the eggs.

5. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    oh how awesome! i can't wait until my button quail are old enough to start laying [​IMG] a few hatched today too! 3 days early!

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Are those from my eggies?? [​IMG]

7. macnugget

macnugget Chillin' With My Peeps

If you want coturnix let me know I'll trade you for some button eggs when yours start laying again
    Quote:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  8. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    Quote:Are those from my eggies?? [​IMG]

yes they are [​IMG] they're doing AWESOME! lots more pips today. they have the same hatch day as my Silver Phoenix but i have a seperator in the hatcher so they can't see or hurt each other during the hatch. im so excited!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  9. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Yay willow!
    Don't clean the cage or mess with them at all just give food and water.

10. willowcol

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Ok I was trying to think of a way to block the aquarium (50 gal so it plenty big enough for 2 buttons) with maybe wrapping paper on the outside or something so people walking by don't scare her. Or would that just scare her me putting on the glass. Shes still sitting today, she got out and drank and ate a bit late last night and when he went near the box she started jumping up and down and acting crazy, should I take him out?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by