My Caifer

Haviris2

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 2, 2011
I took some more pics of my caifer (calf heifer, goofy I know). Still some iffy things, but she's doing good. I thought I could get pics of her bouncing around, but turns out that's not so easy, she's a blur!
06-04-1119.jpg

06-04-1130.jpg

06-04-1129.jpg

06-04-1121.jpg

06-04-1111.jpg

06-04-1124.jpg

What breed is she? The droopy ears make me think she has some brahman in her!
And are you sure its a heifer? The part hanging down by the belly makes me think it's a bull. Either that, or she has an umbilical hernia of some sort.

Definately a heifer, her mama is mostly simmental, not sure what her dad would be considered (I don't own the parents), but he does have lots of brahman in him. This calf shows alot of the brahman influence, more then the other calves!
Here you can see her girly parts, (my dog looks goofy)
06-02-111.jpg

She had navel ill and her navel area swelled up real bad, it's down now, but there's still some discharge since her umbilical stump fell off, so we're still working on gettng her 100%.

This black cow is her mom (the brindle you can see behind her is the dad, but you can't really see him in this pic),
05-27-1130.jpg

You can see dad just alittle more in this pic (but still not well, sorry, don't guess I have one that really shows him),
06-04-1114.jpg

Yes, definitely a female!
I'm glad to hear her belly button is doing better. I had one a few months ago with a hernia that we ended up getting operated on. I just wanted to check because I know those sorts of things, if gone unnoticed, can cause severe damage, or even early death. But I'm glad to hear she is on the road to recovery!

I'd rather you say something and it be something I'm already aware of, then not say something and it end badly, so thank you! And I do love seeing her in the back yard, I'll miss her when she goes out w/ the other cows, although if she's like the last one she'll probably refuse to stay w/ the cows, and will most likely stay w/ my horse until she's to big to get out of the cow pasture.

Back
Top Bottom