My Caifer

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Haviris2, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Haviris2

Haviris2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    I took some more pics of my caifer (calf heifer, goofy I know). Still some iffy things, but she's doing good. I thought I could get pics of her bouncing around, but turns out that's not so easy, she's a blur!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. codymax2

codymax2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Liverpool, NY
    OMG cutest thing ever!! I thought she was a dog in the first pic [​IMG]

3. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    She will be a nice girl and a looker to keep around. [​IMG]

4. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    What breed is she? The droopy ears make me think she has some brahman in her!
    And are you sure its a heifer? The part hanging down by the belly makes me think it's a bull. Either that, or she has an umbilical hernia of some sort.

5. Haviris2

Feb 2, 2011
    Definately a heifer, her mama is mostly simmental, not sure what her dad would be considered (I don't own the parents), but he does have lots of brahman in him. This calf shows alot of the brahman influence, more then the other calves!
    Here you can see her girly parts, (my dog looks goofy)
    [​IMG]
    She had navel ill and her navel area swelled up real bad, it's down now, but there's still some discharge since her umbilical stump fell off, so we're still working on gettng her 100%.

This black cow is her mom (the brindle you can see behind her is the dad, but you can't really see him in this pic),
    [​IMG]
    You can see dad just alittle more in this pic (but still not well, sorry, don't guess I have one that really shows him),
    [​IMG]

6. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    Your little girl more than likely has some Brahma in her bloodlines. You can tell by her ears. Glad to hear her navel is doing better.

7. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Yes, definitely a female!
    I'm glad to hear her belly button is doing better. I had one a few months ago with a hernia that we ended up getting operated on. I just wanted to check because I know those sorts of things, if gone unnoticed, can cause severe damage, or even early death. But I'm glad to hear she is on the road to recovery!

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Cute calf....all ours are out on pasture now. I miss looking out my kitchen window at them running around the cow lot.

9. Haviris2

Feb 2, 2011
    I'd rather you say something and it be something I'm already aware of, then not say something and it end badly, so thank you! And I do love seeing her in the back yard, I'll miss her when she goes out w/ the other cows, although if she's like the last one she'll probably refuse to stay w/ the cows, and will most likely stay w/ my horse until she's to big to get out of the cow pasture.

10. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Is that her "belly button" hanging down from her stomach? In pic 2-4

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by