my call duck x appleyard ducklings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by janalee, Nov 22, 2012.

1. janalee

janalee New Egg

Nov 22, 2012
    Hi, i have call duck cross appleyard ducklings that have just got all there adult feathers they are still smaller than there mum and dad but was wondering if the ducklings look mostly like there mum are female she is white with speckles on her back and her head is apricot the ducklings that are the white speckled with brown they have black or brown heads does that mean there female? The males are the same colouring as the dad.. And i even got 2 dark brown ducklings out of the hatch?? Please help me its confusing :)

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    pictures would help

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I know your new and [​IMG] but do a bunch of posting so you can post some pics pics are worth a thousand words. Not sure how many posts you have to make before you can post a pic but i don't think it's many.

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Hi, and [​IMG]

How long have you been raising ducks? I have runners and buffs, but yet to do any hatching.

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG] I agree once you are allowed to post pictures it will make it easier for us to help you.

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Hey Kevin and Amiga hope you both had a Wonderful Thanksgiving. Looking forward to seeing janalees ducklings too.

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Hey Miss Lydia! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving too! [​IMG]

8. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    We had a very nice visit with some friends who welcome us into their home for a wonderful feast and visiting. We all enjoy making simple delicious things to eat, everyone brings something. I brought ginger-garlic-cranberry chutney, my beloved made a gluten-free apple dessert. Our host made, among other things, straw mushrooms in an onion cream sauce. I refrained from eating the entire bowl of mushrooms. The ducks had a couple of nice walks and a pea party before we left. I hope janalee can join in and rack up posts, so that photo's may be uploaded for our enjoyment and edification.

9. janalee

janalee New Egg

Nov 22, 2012
    thanks yeah i will post some pics as soon as i can just my first hatch and they are all different colours i will post there pics as soon as am allowed how many posts before i can put them up?

:) thanks for the replies though x

10. janalee

janalee New Egg

Nov 22, 2012
    [​IMG] the top pic is her babies the confussing ones are the all brown and the ones that look like lucy (bottom pic) they are at the font of the pic and have darker heads in any other way they look like lucy, she is also in the top pic but has her head down shes in the middle at the back.. can anyone give me any ideas...
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by