My Call Ducks Hatched! Yahoo

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jbourget, Jul 1, 2011.

1. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    So ive been waiting a while for these little buggers to pop out. here they are! some snowys and greys and a few pastels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here are my david touchette line EXTREME quality white call pair. david is a good buddy of mine!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

beautiful ducks.... I have calls.. I L [​IMG] v them

3. jbourget

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Oh yes! Im planning on keeping everything i hatch out for many years! time to build the flock up !!! cant wait to see them all in 5 or 10 years. ill be a big breeder some day. im only 20 haha.

4. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    Those are really nice and looks like a great hatch too![​IMG]

5. lovesgliders

lovesgliders Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Maine
    Your white pair is so beautiful!

6. ourlittleflock

ourlittleflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    North Carolina
    congrats - [​IMG] they are tooo cute

I just hatched my first 2 call ducks 8/9 weeks ago.. Enjoy they grow so fast

7. destin0709

destin0709 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Ohio
    Aww so cute. I am hatching call ducks for the first time they are due 25th of July. I am new to calls, can you tell what colors they are or do you just know cause that is what the parents are? I was just curious because I got 30 mixed eggs and was wondering how you will be able to tell what color they will be? Or do you have to wait til they feather? I know lady listed them as being whites, greys, snowy, magpie, bibbed, and maybe buffs and I also have chocolates which are marked so I will know them.

8. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    [​IMG]

9. jbourget

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Ill have to get some photos tonight of your 4 little ones i got! they are doing awsome.

As for being able to tell the colors at a young age, it is doable but you need to have an experienced eye for it. my pastel newborns have a small buff stripe through the eye and the snowys have a creamy back. your best bet would be to wait till they start getting their feathers in. Let me know if you get any snowys! im really looking for some great typey ones to add to my line from dennis fuller of Wapsi Waterfowl....I have had the same pair for 8 years now, and to be honest this year was their best year for fertility and egg laying. she is STILL laying and im totally shocked that she layed like 45 eggs allready. She still just keeps pumping them out! lol

10. destin0709

destin0709 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm hoping for some snowys and chocolates too. I have 4 all white and want other colors. They are so fun to watch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by