My car got hit by a person !!

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
:eek:

On my way back home after picking up my daughter from the dentist, I noticed a tree company was removing a large oak from the front of a house down the street from me.

I slowed down to catch the name of the co. because I need a pinetree cut down in my yard, I was doing maybe 10 mph when to my right a guy jumps out of the truck (without even looking first) and rams into the passenger side! He spun around a couple of times and disappeared behind the truck.

We rolled our windows down and asked if he was OK, he appeared and said yeah I'm alright. We didn't feel comfortable leaving yet, so we asked him again - are you alright? Yes, he said and waved his hands in front of him saying I'm fine, I'm fine, please go. :eek:

So we slowly drove home and sat in the driveway wondering if that really just happened. The two guys in the tree didn't notice, and no one was behind us or in front of us. So, I'm thinking he didn't want to get in trouble with the tree company or somehting? Why do I have this kind of stuff happen to me anyway? OK I feel a little better now.

* He must have missed the day they taught us TO CHECK before opening your door and jumping out into traffic!!! Good thing for him it was YOU doing 1O, and not some idjit doing 4O!!!

You know what's scary? If I was going any slower, he would have jumped out in FRONT of my car, then this whole thing would be just horrible.

* Your G.A.'s **AND HIS** are putting in for hazard pay and overtime, LC!!!
wink.png

th.gif
Weak & shaken...and a puddle of something else if'd I'd been there! It probally embarressed him more than it hurt him...MEN.
I know when I fall (usually) I quickly scan to see who saw it...reguardless of whether or not I'm hurt.
When I broke my arm...there was no comparision...If'd he'd been hurt badly, I really think you would have known it.

Scary thing is he could probably have tried to sue YOU for hitting him, even though that wasn't the case at all! Don't you love the way this world works? Innocent people are always paying for other's stupidity.

He should count himself VERY lucky!

Back
Top Bottom