My caretakers are so good to me!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Jul 17, 2011.

1. I had knee surgery on Friday afternoon. (nothing big) When I got home and got my wits about me, I asked DH to set my chair in the pen with the girls and Bird. I missed them! well, he did and ran as Bird chased him out of his pen. I sat down and sighed a sigh of relief. Kicked my leg up on a pillow and had a glass of iced tea. my older girls came around me really cautious. head sideways, slowly, etc. Gee, see where I am in their line of love..... [​IMG]

the 4 new babies came a running as quick and their little feeties would take them. "MOMMA MOMMA MOMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA R U OK???" you know how FUNNY it is to see a 13 week old Cochin run at you as fast as she can????? OMG.. it was precious. and, up they came. all 4 of them right up on my and my bandages. glad they do not weigh a lot yet.!!!!

[​IMG]
    cassidy.... luvs me... hates the ice pack though.

[​IMG]
    PEACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    Princess picks at it as well. Glad she is still lightweight.

[​IMG]
    My caretakeers.. such good girls

2. Tina D

Tina D Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Dutchess County, NY
    [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Aw, how sweet!

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

They love their momma!!! [​IMG] Nothing heals you quicker than some good ol chicken therapy [​IMG]

5. [​IMG] isn't that true!!!??? i am ever so careful as well that it stayed clean, and nothing got near it. such sweeties! [​IMG] [​IMG] Today, Bird jumped up on my lap, pecked at my shirt and dug around on my shorts. Then he sat down ni my lap. ah... that's my boy.

6. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    This is the cutest! <3
    Hope you are doing well! My neighbor lady friend moved to the other side of town and she's had both of her knees done in the past year. I know it can get frustrating!
    Glad you have your girls...the image of the cochin running at you full force is just too cute. >_<

7. ourlittleflock

ourlittleflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    North Carolina
    hope all heals well and soon!! awesome girls - and the thought of your baby cochins running "waddling" as fast as they can, precious!! I have 4 baby cochins running and they are my favorite

8. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Hope your knee is feeling better soon - looks like you are in good hands. [​IMG]

9. enjoyin' my chickens

enjoyin' my chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Hinesville, Ga
    I think it is funny that your DH got run out. Hope you heal fast and get back on your feet. Until then spend the moments with the girls.

10. ganesha09

ganesha09 Loves chicken feet!

Sep 18, 2010
    southern Illinois
    Your post made my day!! [​IMG] Feel better soon. Thanks so much for sharing this!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by