MY CAT BROUGH ME THIS

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by beckamartin2, Aug 13, 2013.

1. beckamartin2

beckamartin2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2013
    my cat brought me this bird. we have been thinking either turkey or chicken. When took to the feed store they said the thought it was a naked neck chicken. any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    Need a better picture of its head and neck area and/or side view. But from your picture, it looks like a chicken.

3. beckamartin2

Aug 13, 2013
    will take more today. i will get him standing so you get a better look at his huge legs and neck

4. beckamartin2

Aug 13, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. beckamartin2

Aug 13, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    i guess you would know if it were a hawk..i cant quite make out what breed of chicken it would be..a lot of orpington males feath very slow like that..if you could get a few more pics it would help ..you might offer a little scramble egg or another protien in small bits if it doesnt seem interested in chicken food..what state do you live in? that looks like a wild bird..but darned if i know which one..

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  7. beckamartin2

Aug 13, 2013
    we live in Washington. Not a wild bird by the farm stores we have visited with him/her. Still undesided as to what kind of chicken it is.

8. beckamartin2

Aug 13, 2013
    She is eating a flock mixture they said would help him get over this stress. I have been giving him qinoe and barley boiled with molasis on it. she likes that too.

9. aveca

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    you are really wonderful to look after this baby..might need a warm spot for a spell..keep us posted with some pics as it grows..it will be interesting to see it develop..it just looks like a turkey to me ..but the tail usually has a pattern , at least easterns do..so i honestly dont know..i can only say kudos to you for doing such a great job caring for it..it might repay you with some eggs someday.probably when the legs, neck and back feather in it will look completly different.

a little protien will help it feather in..

10. aveca

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    i bet if you took these pictures over to the heritage breed thread and said i really need identification on this breed of chicken..they would know what it is..

your cat probably didnt travel too far to get this bird..so somewhere in your neighborhood there is a farm with this type poultry..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by