My cat is driving me insane

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by EmtheFishLady, Jan 14, 2011.

1. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I have two Rex cats, Epidermis a male, and Gizmo, a female. Epidermis has been driving Gizmo insane the last couple days. To the point that she is hissing and fighting him. I thought at first it might have been the long awaited breeding, but he's actually just play-fighting so roughly that she's fed up with him. Does anyone have any ideas on how to curb it? Epidermis is a lot bigger than little Gizmo, and I'm afraid he's going to hurt her... maybe I should just let her fight her own battles and put him in his place? I know this isn't really a cat forum, but thought someone might have some ideas.

[​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Cute Cat!

My boy AKA Imp has never stopped harrassing the 2 girls. He like to lay in wait and pounce, They are not amused and scream for help. He's about 4-5 yo so not a kitten anymore. [​IMG]

Imp

3. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Usually with cats the situation sounds a whole lot worse than it actually is and they are just fine if you leave them alone. My female would always scream murder and I'd run to check on her to find out the younger one had batted at her tail and they were just sitting looking at each other. It sounded so horrible that for 2 years I'd go check every single time thinking this is the time something will be attacking her since it is possible for raccoons and stuff to get in our basement. I don't even bother anymore. She's cried wolf too many times.

4. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    YOu could put a collar with a bad taste on it, if he or she bites there...
    Or spray with a water bottle when it escalates...
    Just a thought
    Carol

5. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

I am sorry.

The name Epidermis just tickled my funny bone something fierce. What a fantastic and unique name. [​IMG]

6. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:Lol, well, you can see his Epidermis! We love our kitties.

Thanks guys, they are snuggling each other now...dumb kitties.

7. 6chicks&aduck

6chicks&aduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    S E North Dakota
    i say feed him to the chickens lol ............... just kidding , sory your having this prob , dont know much about cats

8. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I once had a steer called Future.

[​IMG]

Future steak, future hamburger, future ribs [​IMG]

9. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:Lol my parents always have had cows, so growing up I always named the calves. Boys were always named something like T-bone, Steak, etc.

10. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    6chicks&aduck :

i say feed him to the chickens lol ............... just kidding , sory your having this prob , dont know much about cats

Yeah, I think Dermis just doesn't know his own strength. I got them both at the same time, but I guess because of the two different bloodlines he's much bigger than she is? Of course, he's also a hog.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by