My cat learned a valuable lesson from a silkie today...

ScaredOfShadows

Songster
9 Years
May 18, 2010
Semora NC - on the VA line
...Never turn your back on a mama hen
...Never mess with a mama hen
....FOR GOD SAKES don't even LOOK at her babies...

(ETA # 4 ....Never under estimate a silkie just because of her size)

My poor black cat Sam is used to my scaredy ducks who run from him - but he gets along with the black Silkie Roo Sampson...
He didn't think nothing of it when he went in the run to grab some of the water like he usually does, well 2 chicks were by the waterer and he scared them, so they peep...You guessed it both my mama silkies were in there and while the two chicks belonged to my silkie Snowball - Snowball and Taffy (who hatched out 8 mille fleur D'uccles Tuesday) jumped his butt in defense of the fussing babies and poor Sam - he starts to run and has a silkie on his back (Snowball - white silkie) who has a beak of black fur, for a few steps then she jumps off him (with her prize of fur). Cat hauled tail to the porch and turns around and looks like "what just happened!?!" Snowball and Taffy go back to their chicks - fluff out all indignantly, and go back to taking care of business with their kids.

OMG it was the funniest thing seeing this 15 lb black cat get OWNED by 2 2-2.5 lb silkie chickens.
gig.gif
gig.gif
I so wish I had my video camera out with me!

Last edited:
lau.gif
I love a good seen like that. My poor kitty girl Mercedes gets tormented day in and day out by Charolette our Muscovy duck. She'll hiss at the cat and pull her tail to get her away from her own food dish. That's one bossy duck. They have no fear of the cat, but go crazy if the dog is around.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom