My Cat May Have Ruined My Eggs???!!!

StephensonC

Songster
5 Years
Oct 14, 2014
Richmond, Va
So, I'm at the beginning of day 6, and my bator is in the corner of my bedroom. I woke up during the night to find my cat on top of the bator!! I was so horrified, that I yelled at him to get down. When he jumped down, it shook the whole bator, it bumped up against the wall, and most of the eggs rolled from X to O!! (It's one of those cheap styrofoam ones.) All my white eggs had developing embryo's with spider veins, as did some brown eggs that I could see. Not sure about the green and blue. They were developing at a smaller rate, due to my temps being a little low in the first 2 days, but I could still see movement in a few before the cat incident. NOW, I don't think I see any movement when I candle. I'm hoping that they are ok and it's just because it's still early on. What do you think? Could that much of a "jostle" (if that's even a word), damage the eggs? I don't see any cracks, the air sac's are all in tact, but I'm worried about internal damage. I know all I can do is just wait and see, but it makes me so sad!!

I'm sorry to hear about the mishap. Sometimes a shake or jolt can harm the embryo, depending on the severity, but I have seen eggs survive some bumps and bruises unscathed. All you can do here is wait and check on them again in a day or 3 and see if they are developing as they should. I'll keep my fingers crossed
fl.gif

Just to update the thread. They embryo's all seem to be growing and I can see the eyes now. Except for my 2 blue eggs and 1 brown, which I think are clear anyway.

Back
Top Bottom