My cat was killed by a coyote Sep 9. 2016

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Roxyroller, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Roxyroller

Roxyroller New Egg

Sep 14, 2016
    My cat Roxy was killed by a coyote September 9 2016

My life for the past 7 years was a fantastic time for my adopted cats Roxy and Mia. I rescued them from downtown Westend cramped home 2 children 1 bedroom 1 dog and 500 square feet ..
    The owners were well intended but Rocy and Mia were up for adoption and I got them and good and kitty litter and bowls and them best pets I could ask for I lost my two cats due to age and I waited a year and new it was time to fill my home with love..

I moved around a lot and I took Roxy from North Van Lynne Valley to Deep Cove to Maple ridge, I changed my life from corporate world to Country world 5th Wherl Farm hand family friends I live on a beautiful farm and my cats had never seen a horse pigs cats dogs alpacas or chickens.

Roxy was my right hand she was the ultimate barn cat she went everywhere I went she walked in stalls she sniffed a horse befriended the alpacas and met all sorts of dogs and she walked with me when I was turning out the horses and she fond the manure pile to be her new toilet an indoor cat a cat that had never seen farm life and she fit right in without a hitch.

When she was not walking she found a patch of grass and made a nest and when I called her she came yo me. I have hundreds of pictures, and she met my mom and dad and step mom and when I was living in Lynne valley the landlords child picked Roxy up and walked her to the front door child 2 ft tall Roxy was held under the shoulders bigger than the child Roxy did nothing amazing..

I had your take her yo the vet once as she was okay.
    I moved to deep cove and Roxy started to venture out and it was great and she lived the landlords dog and they got along famously.

Years passed and I finally made the big move to maple ridge farm life and for 7 months Roxy ventured and had a blast and came with me everywhere and she cuddled me and she hugged me and she let me massage her and her toes and paws and she let me carry her around and she talked to me all the time and mowed when I could not see her, she was my best friend I was watching tv and she wanted in and it was Wednesday night Thursday night and she decided to turn around and the last time I saw her was Roxy was walking past the picnic table and under the 5th wheel I should have grabbed her I told her to come back why didn't I go and get her why did I go back in and watch tv.

I should have realized the chickens were being put down all 200 of them blood in the air the coyotes never come this close .
    I heard a horrible growl but no hiss no cat scream, I ran all over the farm looking for her and screamed her name nothing nothing days passed a week has come and gone, I want to be dead I wanted to kill myself I am racked with guilt I cry everyday I am so lost without her I miss Roxy sooo much it hurts.

I muck stalls and I see her I wake up and hear her at the door wanting in I hear her everywhere. People tell me she went quick I didn't want her to go at all.

I love you Roxy I am so sorry that I didn't grab you I am so sorry I let you down I wish I gave you more than 7 years and more than 7 months on the farm that you lived so much.. My heart is broken. I live you to the moon and back..

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC... sorry for your loss.

-Kathy

3. DuckGirl77

DuckGirl77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG]I'm not going to try to say that I understand, because I don't think I have lost a pet that close. But ... I am very, very sorry for you. Sending you hugs [​IMG]. A cat so special deserves a place in Heaven, and I'm sure she's there now.

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

-Kathy

5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Inside cats lead boring lives; outside cats lead short ones. I'm sorry for your loss, but there's no point in beating yourself up about it.

BTW, welcome to BYC!

6. Cluckcluck1215

Cluckcluck1215 Overrun With Chickens

I'm so sorry!

7. saheid

saheid New Egg

Oct 9, 2016
    My cat died today. It was in the morning. 4 coyotes surrounded and she couldn't do anything. She just turn 1 too. I did not own her, but my brother did. He didn't give her a good life. They drag her out and killed her. They ate her but not completely. Then they took the body with them. No cat should die like that. We will miss you Mila.

8. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC and sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

-Kathy

9. DuckGirl77

DuckGirl77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2016
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC. I'm very sorry your cat died this way. [​IMG]

10. DutchBunny03

DutchBunny03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2016
    Northern NY
    Welcome to BYC, sorry it was under such sad circumstances. You guys had some special kitties.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by