1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My cats r driving me crazy (A kitty Rant)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CochinLover, Jan 27, 2009.

1. CochinLover

CochinLover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    Oxnard,CA
    Irwin aka Meow Meow and Azure aka the devil cat r at the moment @ 2:05 am running around my room knocking everything down, walking on top of my sleeping cat Kinipela that is under my blankets, Climbing up my closet, and are now on top of the ferret cage getting into their toy box waking up the ferrets whom want out too!! They do this to me everynight. Irwin will play the phyical attack while coming at me while im sleeping and scratching my eyelids, scrathcing my head, so I counter it by putting the pillow on top of my head. This does not work, Irwin has learnd to dig under the pillow and stick his paws under it scratching my face more. If he cannot reach me he lays on top of the pillow on my head smothering me. Azure has learned she can almost open the door. so she jumps over and over on top of the handle trying to push it down. meowing and meowing then getting fustrated so she tears up the carpet till i yell at her or usually throw something at her like a stuffed animal or freshly washed clothes. They used to do this only in the morning when it was time to get up. then it started getting earlier and earlier now its when ever they see me starting to go to sleep!!! I cannot let them out of my room as my aunt lets her dogs out in the morning and her dogs will eat my cats. I cannot put them in any other room as they will either tear up that room or get out by another family member who doesnt pay attention. even with signs on the doors. Some rooms are off limits such as raccoon room and foster area. so i am stuck with the cats that, dont get me wrong i love, dearly and would do anything for but at the moment are about to go into a crate. But then alas i cannot put them in a crate as they will cry and cry and then again i will get no sleep. So here i am watching them mess up my room. Remembering how much i love them. How i would not be without them, 2:19 its going to be a long night. Thanks for letting me rant lol. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Ya gotta love em. My cat is worse than most dogs. He gets in the food, chews things up, knocks the garbage over and drags it all out, and runs around like a psycho. I know how you feel. In spite of all this I still love that darn cat does that mean I'm crazy? [​IMG]

3. cristy17

cristy17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Put the 2 cats in the crate with a blanket over them to smuther the noise of them meowing. This should work after a night or two. It did at least for my cats. Always 2 Tylenol PM will help put you to sleep:) PS be strong. You will want to let them out, but they won't learn to calm down if you do.

4. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Umm you DO know cats are nocturnal animals don't you??

They do not care that you are NOT! [​IMG]

5. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Uhg, I have one of my three ctas who is just like this. I can not let him sleep in my room under any circumstances. He demands attention and will crawl all over me all night long trying to get it. I shut him in another room at night so I can get some sleep. I would do this too if I were you.

My oldest cat is great. She will sleep on the bed with me and doesn't bother me at all. My youngest is half way between the extremes of the other two. He's a HUGE cuddle bug. He snuggles right up to you and sleeps for the night. Only issue with him is I sometimes roll on him and if I move he cuddles right back up with me and goes back to sleep. He like to lick too....so sometimes I wake up to him licking my arm or face...he's just tooooo cute!

Ahhhh....the critters we share our lives with. Life would be boring without them.

UC

6. CochinLover

CochinLover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    Oxnard,CA
    awww thanks for the love haaha. yes they must have read this post or something cause the night after they let me sleep a full nights sleep and its so great. Azure has taken up "fishing " in my fish tank the past 2 nights, but heh shes quite. And Irwins allergies are acting up so hes been sleeping. AWWW peace. Yes My other cat Kinipela Is a godess. she snuggles with me and doesnt say a peep.

7. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Cats - the other, other white meat.

8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I sleep with a spray bottle set to "stream" on the bed stand because of my cats. We also installed a screen door in the hall because they fight in the night and wake everyone up. So they must be separated. Then we have to have an extra food, water, and litter box for the old timer that sleeps at our end. So in the middle of the night they will meet up at the screen door to rumble, but cant so they make alot of noise at eachother til i spray the water bottle. I dont even spray it at them, they hear it and run. These are all God's strays that i took in, and this better be a free pass into heaven for me [​IMG]

9. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    LOL We have 6 indoor............. they win.......we lose.........

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I have one cat that goes to bed before I do. I have one cat that would keep us both up if he could. So, he now sleeps in a small dog crate, in my bedroom, on top of an old trunk. His crate door is turned toward my bed, so I can squirt him with the trusty old water bottle if he won't be quiet. It works like a charm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by