1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Cayuga duck has a broken wing. Help!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DuckDuckLOL, Feb 7, 2016.

1. DuckDuckLOL

DuckDuckLOL New Egg

Aug 14, 2015
    Wisconsin
    My 9 month old Cayuga has a broken wing! What should i do to fix it? The wing also has a little bit of bone sticking out :( . Would that cause any problems? Please help. We think it might of been a cat.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  2. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Welcome To BYC! Glad you joined the flock! I would make another thread in the Emergency/Disease/ and Injury forum. My opinion I could be wrong not much experience with this, try and line the wing up properly and bandage the wing to the duck's body and make sure she gets more calcium now to help with proper bone repair. I would still make a thread in the Emergency/Disease/Injury forum just to get more answers and more definite answers.

3. DuckDuckLOL

DuckDuckLOL New Egg

Aug 14, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Thank you for you help! I will make a forum too!

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree totally with NFChick. The wing needs to be properly taken care of, or it will heal in the wrong position and affect the bird.

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. X2 on NFChick.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by