My Champagne Doe Kindled **Pic**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Jamie_Dog_Trainer, May 31, 2011.

1. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Her due date was yesterday and this morning I woke up to a lovely large litter. This is her first one and I am really pleased with her mothering insticts so far. They were all in the nest box covered with a nice thick layer of fur and snuggly. I didn't count them yet but there's quite a few in there. I will count them this afternoon. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Pictures? YAY!

3. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    I was so worried that I'd wear out my welcome and she'd freak out that I didn't take the time to do anything but check and make sure they were warm and picked one up to make sure it looked normal, was dry and didn't feel cold. [​IMG] I'll get some pics later:D

4. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    I counted them [​IMG][​IMG] She had a litter of 8 buns! All of them are the same size and the doe is taking super good care of them -- they all had fat little tummies and were warm as could be. I am proud of this first time mother [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:They are so durned funny lookin at this age. [​IMG]

7. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Yes they are funny looking LOL. I took my DD of 3 years out with me so she could see them. I tried to prepare her for what they'd look like by telling her they're naked and their eyes don't open. She didn't even flinch and said, "Awwwwwww!! Can I hold it???" hehe she is SO my daughter.

PS i think they're cute too. And the cute squeeking sounds they make are ADORABLE. [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

Quote:Anything this soft and this vulnerable is adorable. I have kits due 6/17 ish.

9. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:Anything this soft and this vulnerable is adorable. I have kits due 6/17 ish.

Oh yeah and your's will be so cute too. I look forward to pics from you. [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

Oh yeah and your's will be so cute too. I look forward to pics from you. [​IMG]

You may regret saying that. Did you see my FB album of ONE rabbit?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by