My chick ate rice pudding? is that good or bad???

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by oesdog, Jul 15, 2010.

1. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Well My little chick has been ill all day and wouldn;t even stand this morning. We were and are real worried about him. He ate some egg this morning and just picked at grain - so hubby after T took a bowl of rice pudding with honey up to our baby chicky and pulled him out and put a spoonfull infront of him and he wolloped it down? Question I have - is it bad for him or good for him?????????? This morning the wee chick had clear poo and by lunch it started to have green in , now after T the green has a little bit of normal brown colour in it. - We have no idea why our chick suddenly went down hill. 24 hrs ago he was fine.

I just want to know if he is liking and eating creamed rice pudding - should I give him more - or what??????????? Hubby says it wont do any harm but I just want to check.

Oesdog - [​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Anything you can get her to eat is good at this point. But go easy on anything with sugar or salt. Try moistening some starter feed and see if she will eat some of it.

oesdog, you need to stick with your already started thread about Omlet and post to it, rather than cross-posting and/or spamming, okay? [​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

as long as it's not full of salt or sugar, it should be just fine

4. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    I would say that for the most part rice pudding is quite good for us, unless it has alot of sugar in it. I make mine but only add a very small amount of sugar to it. I have never thought to try to give some to my chickens usually because the kids eat it up so fast there are usually no left overs. I add vanilla yogurt to my mixture after it has cooled down. Yogurt is good for chicks little tummies so try some yogurt in there.

I agree that anything that you can get the little chick to eat has got to be better than not eating anything at all. Sure hope he is feeling better soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by