1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chick came back!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ScotianChick, May 2, 2011.

1. ScotianChick

ScotianChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    I was putting my pullets/chicks (what are 11 week olds anyway?) in their outdoor pen that I had recently re-secured and as I was carrying the last one over I saw what I thought was one of my Rhode Island Reds darting across the yard in the corner of my eye! It was my chick that's been missing for two days! She was trying so hard to get in the pen but was so tired. I managed to catch her... very carefully and hold her. She had some broken feathers but otherwise seemed fine so I put her in with her siblings!

I can't believe she came back! I wonder where she's been these past couple days!!

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    So glad she came back. I would give her lots of love and treats today.

3. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Glad she's back. [​IMG] Ditto with lots of love and treats.

4. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Hooray! I've been thinking about you and your little lost girl, glad she's home!

5. ScotianChick

ScotianChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    I am so pumped! I couldn't believe she came back! She probably heard the others and ran from her hiding spot!

Everyone got some hard boiled egg for treats! The big girls tried to get in their pen so they could steal their eggs haha.

6. cochinGurl

cochinGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    haha congrats! that happend to me once [​IMG] pamper her.

7. Kimmiejean

Kimmiejean Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    Yayyy [​IMG] Don't ya wish they had little chicken cams so you could see where they've been! Congratulations![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by