My chick is acting funny

Chicken.lover23

Hatching
May 23, 2018
So I have this Amani cemani chick that isn't drinking and is letting her wings hang. She's eating but I just don't know what to do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 9
Your chick is indicating it is sick and weak. Have you checked it's vent to be sure it isn't pasted over with caked on poop? (Pasty butt) If it is, it may be the chick is also constipated. Use coconut oil at about one half teaspoon orally. In its solid form it's easier to administer than liquid oil, but you can use mineral oil or olive oil.

Poultry Nutri-drench is the best thing you can give a weak chick to perk it up so it might have the strength to eat.

Sorry. I’m not sure, do you think she’s hot or cold? What’s the environment like? Is she by herself or has friends?
she has friends we separated he last night with one of our meat chicks she is way more active today and was starting to drink more

Your chick is indicating it is sick and weak. Have you checked it's vent to be sure it isn't pasted over with caked on poop? (Pasty butt) If it is, it may be the chick is also constipated. Use coconut oil at about one half teaspoon orally. In its solid form it's easier to administer than liquid oil, but you can use mineral oil or olive oil.

Poultry Nutri-drench is the best thing you can give a weak chick to perk it up so it might have the strength to eat.
she has friends we separated he last night with one of our meat chicks she is way more active today and was starting to drink more I will try that

Back
Top Bottom