My chick is coming up to 8 weeks old. Very small and pale comb. Is this a problem?

Jwhunt101

Hatching
Dec 3, 2021
Hey, my chick is nearly 8 weeks old. Is almost completely covered with feathers. She eats and drinks completely fine. She actually seems like abit of a lump 😂 but lately I’ve been worried about her as she has been sneezing here and there and her comb is tiny, almost non existent and is very pale. Although she doesn’t seem in any distress, I am worried there’s something wrong. Is her comb normally like that at 8 weeks or should it be bigger. This is my first time with chicks so I’m learning as I go. Any help would be much appreciated 👍

Attachments

• 53D00ADD-462F-47C3-BA18-9670E8AA83EA.jpeg
    53D00ADD-462F-47C3-BA18-9670E8AA83EA.jpeg
    640.7 KB · Views: 1

M-H-Fielding

Formerly known as -7-6-
Apr 10, 2019
right here
My Coop
My Coop
Hey, my chick is nearly 8 weeks old. Is almost completely covered with feathers. She eats and drinks completely fine. She actually seems like abit of a lump 😂 but lately I’ve been worried about her as she has been sneezing here and there and her comb is tiny, almost non existent and is very pale. Although she doesn’t seem in any distress, I am worried there’s something wrong. Is her comb normally like that at 8 weeks or should it be bigger. This is my first time with chicks so I’m learning as I go. Any help would be much appreciated 👍
She looks and sounds perfectly healthy to me! Some hens develop their combs slower than others, and their combs are tinier.

Top Bottom