my chick is dying.... i don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by zoeroxie, Dec 2, 2014.

1. zoeroxie

zoeroxie New Egg

Dec 2, 2014
    [​IMG]
    he is dying just like this!!! i can;t do anything... i am hating myself ... i can't see him dying like this.. what to do
    [​IMG]
    what to do????????[​IMG]

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    break the neck

3. MaggieP

MaggieP Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2014
    Does the chick have enough heat? Quik chick in the water? (vitamins and electrolytes) I would even put a drop on the beak to get him to try to drink it. Put something less slippery under their feet. I've heard that flat cardboard can cause foot problems. Don't let him get trampled by others. I'm so sorry it is so painful to watch.

4. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

I posted on one of your other threads, maybe stick with just one thread so you don't have to keep answering the same questions.

5. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    paper towels for footing.
    dip the beak to make sure they drink
    food sprinkled on the floor to make sure they eat but it looks long past finding its own food.

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Is the other chick eating and drinking? I don't see a heat lamp or food.

7. zoeroxie

zoeroxie New Egg

Dec 2, 2014
    other one is normal but he is lonely now :( white one can't survive till morning :( he stop breathing just few breathe left (Seems like this) its soooo painful :(

8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Do you have a heat source?

9. cafarmgirl

Can you please tell us if they have a heat lamp and what you are feeding them. I haven't seen these questions answered yet on any of your threads about these chicks.

10. cafarmgirl

Yes, it is hard to watch, it's hard for all of us and It's hard on the chicks too. We really can try to help if you will help us with the information we've asked for.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by